Sunday, May 31, 2009

Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins

Can I tell you about what may possibly be the best muffin I have ever made? The husband said it first - and I gave him a look of disdain.  

Was he saying that my baked goods have not been yummy?

Secretly though, I think he may just be right.  I haven't made anything that the husband would eat up within a day of it being made.  For this batch of muffins, I was lucky to even be able to get photos.  Maybe the problem was that there were only 6 to be shared between the both of us (I halved the recipe you see).  But even then, 6 between the two of us can be classified as indulgence if you think about the butter, sugar and chocolate that went into the batter.

Anyway, I am so very pleased with this recipe that I would give it a 5-star!  I am planning to go and grab some more bananas to ripen so that I can make another batch this weekend.  It's really that yummy!  

Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Adapted from Baked - New Frontiers in Baking

Makes 6 muffins

3/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas (abt 1 1/2 Del Montes)
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/8 cup whole milk
1/2 egg (or 30g of an egg that has been beaten)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (3 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 170C, and prepare muffin pans.

In a medium bowl, stir banana, sugars, butter, milk and egg.  Set aside.

in another medium bowl, whisk flours, espresso powder, baking soda and salt.

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill the muffin pans 3/4 full and bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments: